Monday, July 24, 2006

Baby Flora

Flora Chan Wai San
Flora ChanFlora Chan
"Hi, everybody! My name is Flora Chan Wai San. I was born on May 30, 1968. I was born in Hong Kong, but my family and I immigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, USA, at the young age of 5 years old. As a child, I hoped to become a dancer, but because of an injury, I was forced to abandon the dream of becoming a professional dancer. I later earned my bachelor's degree in Journalism at Boston College. In 1995, I returned to Hong Kong, and I was hired as a reporter for TVB's English Channel, TVB Pearl. In 1997, I was discovered by Tang Tak Hei and later went into the drama department. The first series I ever filmed was 'The File of Justice V'. I really have to thank Tang Tak Hei; if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be acting. In 2002, I received the award for 'Most Favourite Actress' at TVB's Anniversary. It was a total shocker! I truly want to thank TVB, my family, and my friends; without them, I wouldn't be where I am right now. My friends from the industry include Ada Choi, Catherine Hung, Nick Cheung, Moses Chan, Jessica Hsuan, Gallen Lo, Bowie Lam, Kenix Kwok, Eileen Yeow, William So, Bobby Au Yeung, and many more. In 2004, I decided to leave TVB to pursue my career in Mainland, China. I still have a great relationship with TVB. After all, it is my 娘家. I hope I can return to TVB soon, so I can film series with all of my friends.

Representative Works: "The File of Justice V", "Untraceable Evidence I & II", "Healing Hands", "Feminine Masculinity", "A Case of Misadventure", "Family Man", and "Triumph in the Skies".

Personal Note: Flora is my favourite actress of all time. I really enjoy her acting in series. The thing that I admire Flora the most is her modesty, no matter if it is acting or singing. She is such a down-to-earth person, and she is full of grace. I believe she is the only female artiste who can sing who came from TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment