Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Baby Steven

Steven Ma Chun Wai
Steven Ma
"Hi, my name is Steven Ma Chun Wai. I was born on October 26, 1971. I first entered the entertainment business as a singer in 1993. I also got the award for 'Best Newcomer Bronze' at Jade Solid Gold's Best 10 Awards Presentation. It was the same award that Chi Lam got in 1992. It wasn't until the year 1995 that Catherine Tsang encouraged me to change my career motive and film television series. I really have to thank her for her nurturing; if it wasn't for her, Steven Ma would have been concealed in this industry. In October 2005, I officially signed to become a TVB-managed artiste. 'Safe Guards' was the first series I filmed as a TVB-managed artist. Early this year, 'Safe Guards' earned a high of 40 points on its final week, considering it's a low budget production. Thank you to Lee Tim Sing, the producer, because he also produced my first major role in the series 'The Duke of Mount Deer 1998'. He will be retiring next year, and I have already signed up to be in his last series".

Representative Works: "Healing Hands", "On the Track or Off", "Where the Legend Begins", "Perish in the Name of Love", "Better Halves", and "Safe Guards".

Personal Note: Steven was a cute baby even though he has single eyelids. You can tell it is him though. Steven is a very warm and friendly person. He can't hold in laughter. He likes to burst out laughing when something is funny. Steven is a great singer. Other than Hacken Lee, Steven is the only one whose Adam's apple shakes very much when singing. There is no doubt about it that he is the best singer in TVB. He is also a very shy guy because, back in 1998, he had a secret crush on Ada Choi but never expressed it to her. Later, the media found out and exposed it. Lawrence Ng said that if he had done something, Steven would have had a chance rather than Nicky Wu. Now, Steven and Ada are great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment