Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Blast from the Past: Olympic Six Stars



olympic6olympic01olympic02olympicsbosco_raymond_ron_kennetholympic6

(Sammul Chan, Kenneth Ma, Raymond Lam, Lai Lok Yi, Ron Ng, and Bosco Wong)

Olympic Six Stars

"Athens Olympics, TVB Number One!" was TVB's slogan for 2004 Athens Olympic Games.

Olympic Six Stars MV

Olympic Six Stars @ Miss HK 2004

Opening Ceremony

In the blink of an eye, four years have passed and soon the Beijing summer games will begin.

At the time, Ron and Sammul were filming "The Academy", Raymond and Bosco were filming "Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion", Ma Ming was filming "Scavengers' Paradise", and Lai Lok Yi was about to film "Ten Brothers".

Raymond was not present at most of the Olympic functions because he was in Mainland filming LWOLAP; however, Bosco didn't have to film in all of the Mainland scenes. When he did go to Mainland, he and others went clubbing and was hit on the forehead with a beer bottle by some guys. When Bosco returned to HK, TVB held a press conference to explain the whole situation.

In the "Olympic Six Stars @ Miss HK 2004" clip, you can kind of see Bosco's scar on his forehead. Ron danced with Kate Tsui.

In the "Opening Ceremony" clip, Bosco stepped on Ma Ming.

In the "Olympic Six Stars MV" clip, Lai Lok Yi did fencing and high jump, Bosco did boxing, Raymond did basketball and javelin, Ron did discus and volleyball, and Ma Ming did shot put and soccer. Also, when the six of them were running, Ma Ming was the fastest followed by Ron, Sammul, Lai Lok Yi, and Raymond, while Bosco was the slowest.

遇強越勇 《2004雅典奧運》 主題曲 - 奧運六星

合:遇強越勇 不怕競爭
世界各國拋開紛爭
決定投入奧運
就如射箭飛往雅典
鬥快鬥勇超出水準爭取出線

林:是那位 能榮獲最後勝利
吳:興奮地跳起 快歡呼替他打氣
陳:是你嗎 又刷新世上紀錄
黃:興奮地喝采
黎:若沙啞也不理
黃:呼聲最高 中國體操的確好
馬:到了奧運日子不枯燥
吳:通宵也好 只要賽果可看到
林:個個碰面全是國寶

合:遇強愈勇 不怕競爭
世界各國拋開紛爭
決定投入奧運
就如射箭 飛往雅典
鬥快鬥勇超高水準爭取出線
La La......La La......

合:逐秒鐘 全人類也在哄動
吳:心愛是跳水 更不可錯失舉重
陳:別放鬆 為理想也為美夢

合:轉眼又揭盅
黎:是否他最出眾
黃:呼聲最高 中國體操的確好
馬:到了奧運日子不枯燥
吳:通宵也好 只要賽果可看到
林:個個碰面全是國寶

合:遇強愈勇 不怕競爭
世界各國拋開紛爭
決定投入奧運
就如射箭 飛往雅典
鬥快鬥勇超高水準爭取出線

*Credits to ronstation, rononline, www.boscowcc.com, and raymondforest

5 comments:

  1. It's a shame there isn't enough room on the canvas for both Sammul and Chris too. I like them both a lot.

    Chris' acting is still a little wooden, but TVB rarely gives him any chances. I have no idea why TVB didn't snatch up Sammul - I mean, he was leading along with Charmaine in "White Flame" and now she's one of their big stars and he's not even contracted.

    I also don't really know what's happening with Ron? Aside from EU with him and Sammul last year, I haven't seen him in any big production. I know he filmed that show with Roger - and the male cast looks amazing but when is it coming out? I thought Ron was a favoured artist?

    You know, of them all 6, I like Bosco the least. Actually, I don't even like Bosco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Advo:

    Lai Lok Yi's acting has been up to par, and after all these years, he has not shown improvement. Don't even get me started on his speech, as his lazy sounds are unbearable! Don't know why TVB promoted him in the first place....

    As for Sammul, he has been approached before by Virginia Lok and Catherine Tsang to sign under TVB management; however, Sammul likes the freedom he has with his current manager.

    As for Ron, he has always only taken part in more major productions. However, his early rise to fame affected his career development. His "in-house" image was negatively affected; thus, he has become more low-key and has only focused on filming series (Ron filmed a few Mainland productions as well, which were well-received), and has been slowly gaining more acceptance and approval from viewers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I dunno, I liked Chris in "Fathers & Sons" but I haven't seen anything else with him recently. As for the speech thing, it just doesn't bother me much.

    Oh, I can definitely understand that Sammul would like the freedom but I would just like to see him more. But if it's his own choice, then I'm just going to be happy for him.

    Shame about Ron, but I think that might be a good strategy. His acting certainly has room for improvement and slow and steady is better than going to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Advo:

    Enunciation is a very important part of speech.

    Taking Lai Lok Yi's poor enunciation aside, he also does not know how to adjust his tone when he speaks his dialogue. Most importantly, his acting is still very poor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've already explained my feelings about enunciation in a different comment. I haven't noticed that it was a particular problem with Chris, so it hasn't been an issue for me personally. Acting-wise, I haven't seen enough. I agree that it isn't great or even good, but I don't feel like it that bad either.

    ReplyDelete