Monday, June 9, 2008

Baby Bernice

Bernice Jan Liu
Bernice Jan Liu
"Hello, everybody! I am Hong Kong TVB's Bernice Jan Liu. I was born on January 6, 1979, in Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada. I have many talents like singing, dancing, acting, kick boxing, and I also have a blue belt in taekwondo. Haha.... After winning Miss Chinese Vancouver 2000, I represented Vancouver and took the title Miss Chinese International Pageant 2001. After that, I signed with TVB and started to film series. Haha....

After my guest appearance in "Golden Faith", I took on the role as 'Princess' in the situation comedy "Virtues of Harmony". Even until today, many people still call me 'Princess'. Back then, I thought the dialogue in VOH was hard, but I just finished filming "The Legend of a Hero" 《盛世人傑》 with Kent Gor and Kam Jie, and the dialogue in there is very ancient and very difficult. Thanks to my dad and other cast members for always helping me out with the Chinese pinyin.

Other than my family and friends like Tavia Yeung, Timmy Hung, and Patrick Tang, my dogs, Mac and Bailey, are very important to me. They are like my children. In fact, my status has risen to become a grandmother now. Haha...."

Representative Works
: "Virtues of Harmony", "Survivor's Law", "Love Bond", "Into Thin Air", and "Steps".

Personal Note: Doesn't Bernice look like a boy in the first picture? LOL! Many people criticize Bernice for her lack of fluency in Cantonese, but what many people don't know is that she actually speaks Taishanese back home. Her elementary teachers encouraged her parents to communicate to their children in English rather than Cantonese or Taishanese. My friend's sister grew up with Bernice in Vancouver and her mother-in-law is Bernice's godmother. Also, Bernice's mother tells her closest friends and family that Bernice's rumours with Moses are fake.

No comments:

Post a Comment