Monday, September 22, 2008

"Moonlight Resonance" Continues Competition Turmoil for Awards

lee_ha01lee_ha02

Lee Sze Kei and Ha Yu Comment on Young Generation's Work Ethics.
The series ends; the people have not gone separate ways.

Although the series finished airing on this Sunday (21st), it still has two hot points. There is still good drama coming until November.

Firstly, will it succeed to break "Jewel in the Palace"'s record? Ha Yu courageously waited: "If we talk about the whole series' rating, the average has already passed 'Heart of Greed''s. I hope it will be able to break the 'Jewel in the Palace''s record. At least this is a local production. There is no reason to let 'Jewel in the Palace' hog the place!"

Secondly, Hor Ma, Jo Bao, Grandma, Sa Yee, Ah Hung, Goon Ga Jai, Ah Yuet, Ah Hing, etc. each have their own points. For TVB's Anniversary, how will the awards be allocated? The hottest choice Lee Sze Kei advised everyone not to forget: "No matter what, we need to count the artiste's history and work ethics. It's not that the audiences will be okay because the character is good. There are some young artistes who like to play...."

Who had eaten the leopard's courage pill to be dare to play in front of the veterans?

Lee Sze Kei's picture note: Award competition turmoil is coming once again. Lee Sze Kei does not want to be caught in between: "I hope everyone stops talking about me this year; please talk about Tavia Yeung instead!"

Recently, Tavia Yeung's popularity has soared. Will 'Get' Girl receive double prestige in the end? Firstly, she has already received Lee Sze Kei's one godly vote. "Tavia Yeung is a very experienced new generation actress. Her voice is good. Unlike Fala who has a very light voice, Tavia carries her line very clearly, unlike some artistes who often NG until he or she can't recognize his or her own mother". Who is the artiste she is referring to? "Everyone will have NGs when filming". But the one who NGs until unable to recognize own mother? "At this time, I don't want to say the wrong thing...rather than the more I say, the more sensitive it gets and affects others". Roger, Hor Ma!

The Difference Between Moses Chan and Raymond Lam

Continuing the unfinished topic. "The tears Tavia cried is all her real tears. There was one night when she filmed two scenes inside the telephone booth. From 7 or 8 pm at night, she filmed until 3 or 4 am, crying non-stop, tearing non-stop. At one side, she endured pain. It turns out that she cried until her eyes hurt, very painful". Tavia Yeung's professional acting is not much questioned by the audiences, but the problem is the unwritten norm of 'status'. If Tavia won over Lee Sze Kei, Michelle Yim, Lee Heung Kam, and Susanna Kwan for 'Best Actress', she would have to meet the "She isn't on the same level with them" kind of unfavourable comments.

Lee Sze Kei has another point of view: "Whether the company gives you the award is dependent, not only on your work performance, such as your popularity, your performance in the series, but also your work ethics. It's impossible to win just because of a favourable character".

Lee Sze Kei stressed on the words 'work ethics'...is there any connotation? In memory, because there is only one report during the early filming of Moonlight Resonance that Raymond Lam had often been late and liked to play with the other artistes, affecting the filming process. "I don't know if Raymond Lam is ever late in other scenes' however, in the scenes I have with him, he has never been late. His acting also satisfies the company and the script requirement".

Last year, Moses Chan won TV king. It can be seen that a lot of colleagues are sincerely happy for him. If Raymond Lam won this year, will he receive the same support as Moses Chan? Lee Sze Kei explained like this: "Moses Chan is a very good boy. He really knows what to do as a person; naturally, he will be well-liked by people. Raymond Lam is a bit younger, a bit naughtier, is still a small kid, and is less aware of social skill. In comparison, people will naturally not help him say good things".

I agree that a big tree will attract wind (phrase for when you are popular, you will attract troubles), but since there is non-stop negative rumours of lateness, loving to play, etc., during the events, did Lee Sze Kei give advice to Raymond Lam to be more careful of his own ethics to avoid rumours? Lee Sze Kei honestly admitted, "I did tell him to be more careful! (Does he understand?) He nodded...said he understood! Actually, he really needs someone beside him who will continue to remind him!"

Does Not Know How to Compete for Award

The rumour strongly stated that Raymond Lam is TVB's choice. In contrast, Ha Yu is the audiences' choice. This shouldn't be considered a rumour, right? Last year, Dai Bao was already hoping...will Jo Bao be disappointed again this year? Ha Yu said, "Honestly, if you ask me whether I want to get the award, I want it. Even if you say I haven't thought it through, I will still say the same thing. Either you don't participate or you are very serious in participating. Of course you want to win the 'First Winner' when you participate. If you participate in the Olympics just to accompany people running, why don't you forget it?"

Only that there are many unpredictable things in this world. Sometimes you have no choice but to accept things the way they are. "Last year, I was already hoping to get an award, but, this year, I am calmer. This is not a model answer. Let me tell you guys one thing. Since I was a child, I have always wished to watch the Olympics. Finally, I get the entry ticket for football. I was very very happy. I wholeheartedly booked a ticket and hotel to Beijing. Who would know that, one day, before the competition, there was No. 9 warning of typhoon. I can't call anyone to take me to the airport. The radio said that the flight would be cancelled at 11 o'clock. I suddenly remember that there is still a flight that has not been cancelled. I immediately bought the ticket. My luggage was checked. I was in the airplane. I thought, 'Finally I am able to go'. At this time, the pilot said that the flight needs to be delayed for another hour because the wind is too strong. In the end, I wait until the show is already on for two hours. I still had not been able to fly yet".

He clearly remembered that he did not get angry that day...only shook his head and then smiled bitterly. "I have tried my best, but the result may not be as I wanted. Like this award, I think I have tried my best. If I still can't get it, I don't have anything else that I can do".

Even if the Kam family seems to be very harmonious in "Moonlight Resonance", they still can't be as harmonious off screen due to the competition for awards. Ha Yu defended, "Off screen, they say I fight with Raymond Lam, fight with Moses Chan...I think it's funny. What's there to fight? I don't understand the rule of game for this award at all...how to fight? I think...if Moses Chan had the ability to change the executives' decision last year, making them give the award to him instead of me, I would be mad. If not, why should we be not harmonious?"

Regarding Lee Sze Kei's idea that we should look at the artistes' work ethics, Ha Yu's reaction was fast: "Definitely! I'm not saying that the young generation is not good, but I can't deny that they still need to learn from the veterans, like Lee Heung Kam and Chow Chung, to never be late, will only come in time and have remembered all the lines in the script. Everyone should know that it's not that Lee Heung Kam is not rich, but she has this thought: 'I am already in my 70s. Everyone please forgive me if I can't remember my lines!' Therefore, she can return home to rest". Ha Yu is of the opinion that the professionalism of the veterans has driven the whole filming process.

Asked to comment on the young generation's professionalism, Ha Yu said, "Linda Chung is a very good girl. She will never say anything. She will never play with others. She will only do her own stuff. Fala Chen filmed days and nights and has to learn sign language; it can be seen that she is very hardworking. Tavia Yeung can easily get into the scene. Moses Chan definitely has a very good actor ethics. Whether Raymond Lam went out to 'wet' at night, he didn't tell me, but I don't feel that he is ever late. He will concentrate more during the scene that has him. When he is not in the scene, he will sometimes play with others".

Did he go overboard with playing? "I will voice it out if it's too overboard. But sometimes we can't be too stubborn, it’s okay as long as it doesn't affect the whole filming process. But in my memory, it's very rare. Sometimes when the playing is overboard, I will intentionally start the scene with a louder voice, the others will definitely understand. They are considered keeping the rules".

One word to say all, are Raymond Lam's work ethics acceptable? "Acceptable!"

'Of Course I Am a Child'

Searched for Raymond Lam...he lent words like gold: "In front of the veterans, I am of course a child. Needing people to give advice is also very normal!" He had no intention to publicly acknowledge what advice Lee Sze Kei gave to him. As for Ha Yu's comment on him about sometimes playing with others, he denied it completely, "I did not play. Inside the shooting location, I also did not say anything. How can I play when I did not say anything?"

He asked in return, "Where did you hear of that?" I answered him directly, "From Lee Sze Kei and Ha Yu". Having heard that, he did not say anything.

All this while, it was rumoured that TVB intentionally makes Raymond Lam to become TV King by the Good Person of the Century character--Goon Ga Jai. The producer, Lau Ka Ho, denied, "There is no such thing! From the start until the end of filming, we have never had this thought to pave the road for Raymond Lam to get an award".

As for the criteria for winning awards to include work ethics, Lau Ka Ho smiled and said, "Of course! Otherwise, why are we requested to give marks for?"

Picture note: The drama series preserves the popularity of "Heart of Greed". During the filming of "Moonlight Resonance", Ha Yu had predicted that the drama series would be well-received since there are many highlight scenes. "The only worry is that the series will be too heavy. If we give shark fins for people to eat every day, will they be bored of it? But the reality proves that audiences like it, feeling that every episode is good".

Picture note: Moses Chan and Tavia Yeung's work ethics received Lee Sze Kei and Ha Yu's good review. As for the acting skill and popularity, the audiences shall decide.

Personal Note: Thanks to Akazukin @ tavia.org for the wonderful translations! I am very happy that Tavia is finally getting recognized for her performance. It is about time she gets credit. Her character, Jackie, in "Heart of Greed" is considered a supporting actress, but in "Moonlight Resonance", she should be categorized as a leading actress. Since TVB is changing the rules on the nominations for awards this year, Tavia might be bumped down to be in the supporting category. Even though the awards are always rigged, it would be a bonus for Tavia if she does win any award. However, I would not be upset if she doesn't get an award. As long as TVB cherishes her talents, respects her, gives her great characters to work off of, that would be the greatest bonus of all.

*Credits to Akazukin @ tavia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment