Friday, December 19, 2008

Moses Chan - Love, Feeling at Ease No Matter the Circumstance

In the TVB series "The Gem of Life", Moses plays the son of a wealthy man, Terrance Ho Jit Nam. Terrance is serious at work, he tries to outdo others and does not admit to defeat, and the speed he changes girlfriends is as fast as a meteor shower. In other words, he is a player. But there is a big difference compared to Moses in real life.

Moses entered the industry with rumours, but his rumoured relationship with Bernice Liu has lasted for a long period of time. No matter if the rumour is real or fake, it at least proves that Moses is not 花心 (a player). As for his rumours about dating Bernice or breaking up with Bernice, Moses did not admit or deny to it. He said, "There are many sides to a person, so how can one not want to include love? But I want the audience to allow me to save some space for myself. Ha ha ha! I do not defy dating someone from the industry. I use 'feeling at ease no matter the circumstance' when it comes to love. As long as I like it, I can accept any type of girl, and I will not set any standards in looking for a certain type of girl. There are many things in the entertainment industry that are unpredictable. No matter if it is toward love or career, I take steps as I see them. Furthermore, if the time is right, I will cherish it and grasp onto the opportunity". Moses understands his directions (in life) clearly; he expresses that he will marry, but he has not used time to define himself.

Next Year's Work Schedule Is Full

mo02mo03

In "Gem", Moses and Gigi Lai have a possible love relationship. As for Gigi's retirement for the industry, he does not have much of an opinion. He said, "I have worked with Gigi many times and, personally, we (including Bowie Lam, Maggie Shiu, etc.) are good friends. After her retirement, she has been busy with her family affairs, so we haven't had the time to see her yet. But later, when we are more free, we will go and see her". Moses is currently busy filming "Chau Heung Angers Tong Bak Fu", and his work schedule for next year is already lined up. He said, "The filming for 'Chau Heung' will be finished in January, and later, I will be filming 'Superwoman' and 'Palace Scheme' back to back [the filming of those two series will overlap]. So, my schedule for next year is already full". Moses is used to being cast in modern series, but this time, he has the opportunity to take on the role as the flirty scholar Tong Bak Fu. He expressed, "Actually, I like filming ancient series very much because I am able to use a more exaggerating method to act. But of course, I also like filming modern series. 'Chau Heung' is a comedy, and it is difficult to hold on to the sense of humour because you can't be too overboard with the acting. At the same time, it has to bring the audience happiness".

Wants to Return to Big Screen

mo04

Before joining TVB, Moses was a model and an actor in movies. Talking about movies, Moses expressed that movie companies have always wanted him to film in movies. He said, "There has always been contact, but most of the time, I'm filming a series, and the timing did not fit. I actually do want to return to the big screen. Hopefully, in the future, it will fit into my schedule, so I can have the chance to film a movie again". Back then, Moses didn't like to socialize, and his personality was more passive. After he signed TVB management, his opportunities became endless. Other then getting recognition for his acting, his personality has become more social and initiating. Moses is now a leading 'siu sang', and he has already won 'TV King'. The future ahead for Moses is unlimited.

moses01moses02

*Credits to mingpao and 狂愛TVB

2 comments:

  1. hehe... yep, i saw it yesterday but didn't get a chance to post it up...
    thank you for translating it!!! there were a few words i didnt know... hehe... :)
    and he looks really yummy... i would probably make some "MOART" with these scans... hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, i wonder they're taking them so long... is it because myolie is so busy promoting her album..? :/

    ReplyDelete