Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fala Chen: Has Never Concealed Herself

fala_mingpao2127_01fala_mingpao2127_02fala01fala02

Fala Chen was the first runner-up of Miss Chinese International 2005. After entering the entertainment business to become an artiste, she has had many rumours, and she was once labelled as 'haau jing' by the media. It wasn't until last year's "Moonlight Resonance" that she played the mute role of Ah Hing that the audience has started to accept her, and her support from the audience has increased. "There are many things that require you to slowly understand. There are many of these things in life that are like this. In the beginning, there are many things and many people that can easily be deceived, but people can be deceived for a long time. As time grows, other people will see the clear picture. I am the same person in front and behind the camera. I will not conceal it. I cannot stop the media from writing about me. In order for the audience to change their views about me, they can listen to my interviews, go to my blog, or meet me in person". The entertainment circle is a game, and although Fala understands the rules, she still reminisces her past lifestyle. "I frequently reminisce the past because, before entering the business, it was very happy going to school. All I thought about was getting enrolled in a good school, and later I would think about working for a big company, and earning a lot of money...those sorts of dreams. It was simple and happy. I had never imagined the lifestyle that I have now. I am still processing it. There are new things every day, and that includes success and pressure. However, [being an artiste] does not have the full of dreams kind of feeling when I was in school where I would fascinate about future".

Happy About Love Life

After entering the business for five years, Fala has had many opportunities, and she has filmed over ten TV series. Recently, she had taken on the role of 'Laughing So' in "Turning Point". She laughed, "When I was discussing about this character with the company, and meeting with the director, I didn't know that there were so many competitors [for the role], and I wasn't thinking about competing for the role. It wasn't until I was confirmed to play the role that I knew that so many people wanted it. I felt very sudden and shocked. I will cherish this opportunity and do my best. I will do the same for filming series and filming movies. I will try my best to work at the crew's pace because movie film is expensive, so it does not allow much time for me to think about my wrongs. After filming this movie, I would like to have more opportunities to continue to film movies because one [movie] is not enough to fulfill the feeling of acting".

Other than work, Fala's love life is stable. Although she has never admitted her relationship with Sit Sai Hang (Neway karaoke owner's son), but when asked about her love life, she smiled sweetly, and said, "I'm happy about my love life. Actually, I am very fortunate because the people I have encountered are very good guys, and I've never been deceived before. The filming of sad, painful, and bothered love life in series has never happened to me in reality. They are all happy. To be loved is a very fortunate and happy thing". Earlier, Fala went scuba diving in Hawaii for a week and got a tan after the filming of "Legend of Pu Song Ling". "I haven't seen my parents for a long time. I had holidays, so I went back to the States and visited them. I also went scuba diving to get charged up".

Personal Note: I've said this before, and I'll say it again: I really admire Fala's personality. She really has character!

*Credits to falachen.cn and mingpao

3 comments:

  1. I really like the part where it says that the audience is easily influenced by the media. Quite frankly, i think that Fala didn't have much support from the audience prior to MR because she was typecasted into those flirty, hot, roles. Then, some hate her because they're too absorbed in the actualy series and Fala's doing her job bringing out the character. Haha, it's funny how things work sometimes...

    Oh yeah, I really like her personality too. Even though there are/were reports putting her and other female artistes in a negative light, there was still something about her that stood out, imo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To flor.a:

    I understand what you are saying. The audience really hated her until the character of Ah Hing. I remember Justin Lo commenting on how the media/audience will like artistes from the beginning and then they will start to diss them or vice versa. He more pointed to the people in HK, he said, "香港人就係咁仆街!". I totally agree with him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly Flor.a.

    I've always believed that the audience was influenced by the characters she played - hence a bunch of ugly rumours which made people dislike her. It was only after a Ah Hing, that the audience started to accept her.

    Personally, imo that's also why someone like Linda has a huge following - because she was typecasted in the good-girl roles.

    ReplyDelete