Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ella Koon on "The Voice"


Ella Koon sings "Endless Love" with contestant Lam Chi Ching (Handsome Chapman To...he he...). Although Ella wasn't competing, she stunned everybody with her singing ability.

Personal Note: Ella can sing, but she belongs to a small music company, so the quality of her songs isn't the best. Mark Lui suggested that Ella sing more of these songs because they are more fitting for her, but she does not get to pick the songs. Her company is responsible for the song selections. Also, Ella does a lot of side track things, such as movies, TV series, musicals, variety programmes, etc.

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE ELLA. I cant believe she sings English so well. I watched the show on television, and the sound quality is so much better on television than on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yer, ella has always had a nice voice but she doesn't have the best music company to present the goods she possesses... I hate this song choice though, pretty typical hk english song that nobody anywhere else would sing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that Ella can sing well, though I don't like this English song..
    I like this genre of songs 美麗革命, 甚麼甚麼, 失常, 戲中有氣

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her first song "地平線" is very good, too. It was composed by Eric Kwok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my....she really is good!!...she sings really well! i guess her company just hasnt chosen the right songs... cause otherwise..i wouldnt even know she could sing... like she seems like she is with the small artists...but i think she can be "sut lik" and "ngao jeung" too...

    btw...since ive never heard ella song's or atleast the ones i did..i didnt really pay attention...but does anyone have recommendations of her songs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The songs Lizzy and I listed are some of Ella's recommended songs. :D I like 地平線, 失常, 戲中有氣, etc. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep.. I almost forgot 地平線, it's very good..
    seems like reporters read what you said:

    http://tvbnewsworld.blogspot.com/2009/09/ella-koon-breaks-into-japanese-industry.html

    But I hope that she won't suddenly only sing English songs..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reports like to surf forums and write about what netizens are talking about. :)

    ReplyDelete