Saturday, January 30, 2010

"Can't Buy Me Love" Visit @ TVBE Clip

CREDIT IF REPOSTED


Summary:

In this scene, Third Princess Charmaine Sheh and her bodyguard, Fala Chen, dress up as men to conceal their identity in order to patrol outside of the palace. They run into Moses Chan, Louis Yuen, and Raymond Wong, and get into a fight.

Interviewer: "Hey Moses! There's a girl who is taller than you today!"
Moses: "Really? Okay taller".
Raymond: "Really?"
Louis: "Who is it?"
Raymond: "Who is it?"
Moses: "I don't know! Who is this?"
Charmaine: "Huh!"
Louis: "You are very mighty! I have never seen a girl dressed up as a guy with such ease and natural poise. You are very incredible, Charmaine!"
Raymond: "Tell her to jump down, and see how tall she is!"

Interviewer: "For a girl to be dressed up as a guy, she looks very handsome!"
Raymond: "Really?"
Charmaine: "I am very handsome?"
Louis: "Really?"
Charmaine: "Compared to them, I am very good!"

In comparison to "Beyond the Realm of Conscience", "Can't Buy Me Love" is more relaxed.

Moses: "It was very serious last time. It's happier this time, as we get to play".
Louis: "Huh?"
Moses: "Especially with the addition of you! We are always laughing!"
Raymond: "Everyone, in the first episode of 'Beyond the Realm of Conscience', I was playing a eunuch, but it's just that no one saw me".
Louis: "Really? Actually, we filmed a different version of 'Beyond'".
Raymond: "We filmed it before this interview".
Moses: "Action!"
Louis: "From the beginning, we start to yawn!"

There will be many action scenes in this series, but cast members will have stunt doubles to step in.

Louis: "The company really cares for us, as they hired four big stunt doubles for us. These four big stunt doubles are very known in movies. They were stunt doubles for Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Donnie Yen, and Chow Yun Fat. They found these four guys to be our stunt doubles, as they resemble us the most. Actually, my original stunt double is doing stunts for Mel Gibson right now. So, that is why they found the other one to be my stunt double".

Interview: "How long has it been since you filmed action scenes that you find labour-intensive?"
Charmaine: "I haven't filmed action scenes in a long time, and I've kept it like that, as I don't have to do any in this one".
Interviewer: "Really?"
Charmaine: "Yes, I just watch them".
Raymond: "There are times when she is just responsible for giving a reaction".
Moses: "Yes".
Charmaine: "I'm a princess, so I have maids and bodyguards, such as Fala, to do it".

Fala is not as fortunate compared to the other cast members, as there are many scenes where she does her own stunts.

Interviewer: "Do you think you are handsome dressed up as a guy?"
Fala: "Quite handsome! I think it's okay. I like it because we [Charmaine and I] think that it's very comfortable, as it's winter right now and it's very cold, and female costumes cannot cover these [neck] areas, so female costumes are colder. Also, our hairstyles are very big, as it is the Tang Dynasty, so it is heavy and very labourious. But, the hairstyles for guys are very relaxing and easy. So, it isn't bad playing a guy".

Personal Note: So funny! Charmaine looks like a little boy! He he.... :D

Finally, we are able to see Fala filming scenes! :) I wonder when are we going to see Linda filming?

Also, I think Fala's boy look in "Pu Song Ling" is more attractive. He he... ;P

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the translation. This is adding to my list of favorite videos. Charmaine is adorable and hilarious in this video!

    I love how the guys laugh hehe...sweet chemistry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To alicechen:

    You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

    Agree, Charmaine was very cute in here. :)

    ReplyDelete