Friday, February 26, 2010

Amy Chan Back in TVB

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

amy_chan

Amy Chan was invited back to TVB yesterday to film a promotional clip for "Our...Amy Chan", as TVB will be re-airing Amy's series on its Pay Channel. Amy said that she had never thought that she would have her own review special. When asked on how many series has she filmed for TVB, Amy said, "My first series was Daat Moh, and it was filmed with Ray Lui, but I was under a singer contract back then. It wasn't until 1990 that I filmed It Runs in the Family [that I was signed under TVB]. In six years time, I had filmed over ten series. (Are you interested in filming series for TVB again?) I have not deliberately thought about it. At the time being, TVB has not approached me".

In recent years, Amy has been filming series in Mainland. She was asked if signing with TVB would 'tie her down'? Amy said, "No, as a contract is an agreement between two parties. I remember back then when I came back to film It Runs in the Family. Originally, I thought about leaving this industry, but TVB asked me to film".

Personal Note: OMG! We (my mom, my sisters, and I) are Amy fans! This is super exciting news!!! :D TVB (*cough Catherine Tsang) is finally not boycotting Amy, as they are going to re-air her series!!!! Yay!!! :D

Although she is not 'officially' back with TVB, but for TVB to re-air her series is a good sign because that means that some TVB executives are going to ask her to film for TVB again!!!

*Credits to takungpao

6 comments:

  1. Noooo, you are not serious!!!! Amy is back???... I need to calm down... really... where's my ventolin?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she does return, that would be beautiful news! I want the Amy x Bobby pair because I haven't gotten the chance to watch FOJ yet!!

    Btw, hyn, Catherine had conflicts with Amy? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Anonymous:

    I konw! I was pretty psyched to hear the great news, too! :D

    To Annisa:

    You have to watch FOJ if you have time because it's super good. You have case solving and lawyers. The best combination! ;)

    Amy left TVB on bad terms when she went to ATV in 1995. She was originally supposed to be in "Cold Blood, Warm Heart" as Christine Ng's role. But, she went to ATV, as they offered her $30,000HKD/episode to film "The Good Old Days".

    TVB didn't re-air any of Amy's series after that. When "Racing Peak" was released on DVD a couple years back, Amy's picture was nowhere to be seen on the box.

    CBWH and TGOD filmed at the same time, and were both originally supposed to be both at 60 episodes long. CBWH ended with 65 episodes, and TGOD ended with 105 episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the history info hyn! Both productions are classic but I suppose TGOD wins for me. TVB is not good with receiving rejections, lol. This reminds me of Annie Man's case. Such a pity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really looking forward for more Amy's show, doesn't matter if they are new or old show, hope to get them in DVD so that I could collect them.

    Prey that she could continue the FOJ show with Bobby with a good ending, it a pitty that in the later part of FOJ this loving couple has to be seperated because of Amy's switching to ATV for TGOD.

    I must say TGOD remains an Icon for Amy's acting career and it is also a fantastic show fm Amy, however, the seperation of Ben and Michelle (FOJ) is also a great 'lost' to the whole FOJ seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @hyn5: Do you know why Amy and TVB separated on bad terms?
    I read in a paper that she asked TVB to reduce the number of series per year for the new contract, but it didn't mention how TVB responded to her request. At the time Taiwan and ATV were pursuing her as well. Later she went to ATV with the highest salary for an actress in HK at that time. ATV wanted her to be in "I have a date with spring" with Sheren and Kiki (who were abducted from TVB at the same time as Amy), but she was on 2 months vacation and ATV couldn't get her in it. I don't think she went to ATV for money and don't understand why TVB didn't respond to her request and let her go. There's another paper saying her terms to go to ATV at that time were pretty strict, including her decision to choose which series she wants and who she wants to pair with.
    I have to say she made a very good choice going to ATV since most (if not all) of her ATV series are classic. I would choose "TGOD" and "Heroine of the Yangs" over "Cool Blood, Warm Heart" and "FOJ 5" any time. Still wish she can come back to TVB once and continue her pairing with Bobby. But it seems a very long shot. Amy is so used to freedom now and TVB will definitely "tie her down".

    ReplyDelete