Friday, February 19, 2010

Fala Chen English Interview in the Netherlands

CRTV.NL: Fala Chen ( 陳法拉)

This interview was from December 2009 when Fala and Oceane Zhu were guests for the Miss China Europe Pageant 2009 in the Netherlands.

Personal Note: It is so true! I cannot stand people who do not speak proper Cantonese! Accents are a different story, but I'm the type of person who really cares about enunciation. I can't stand Cantonese lazy sounds, especially those who are HKers! How can you not speak your own language?

Yes, Fala has worked very hard in her Cantonese speech. From zero Cantonese to speaking the dialect with confidence is not an overnight thing. With only five years of Cantonese experience, Fala has not perfected Cantonese yet. She still has a little bit of 'heung yum'. Hopefully, she'll be as fluent as Carina Lau. ;)

*Credits to Hong_Tong @ CRTV

4 comments:

  1. what is the name of the second song that Fala is singing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Anonymous:

    The first song is Teresa Tang's "I Only Care About You", and the second song is Fala's own song, the theme song for "The Stew of Life" (Perfect Pair).

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's such a huge difference in the way she sings the two songs. I don't think she had enough emotion with Teresa's song.

    Ahhh, the dialect-accent discussion. I know a lot of Chinese people like Fala says, are not very tolerant. Personally, it has never been an issue for me, probably because I'm not a fluent speaker in Canto myself so I'm more tolerant as I would want others to be the same towards me. Imo, the American accent is basically very lazy enunciation vs. the British and Australian, but people are usually very tolerant with variations in English. (LOL, the only exception is a French accent! They just kill English!) But I do understand why enunciation is very important in Chinese in general - it IS hard to distinguish between words if people don't enunciate enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI may i have your email for a business enquiry?

    ReplyDelete