Saturday, February 20, 2010

Not Afraid of Being Rumoured with Kate Tsui: Ron Ng Balances Gains and Losses by Turning Down Mainland Series

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

reunion_mingpao2154

Ron Ng, Kate Tsui, Toby Leung, and Chow Chung were filming the new series "Reunion" in Sham Shui Po earlier. This time, Ron and Kate will be playing a pair. When the reporter asked Ron if he is worried about rumours, Ron laughed, "No, as I have already worked with Kate before, so there shouldn't be any rumours".

Many artistes like to make fast money by doing stage performances in the new year. Ron said, "I will be filming in the new year. Originally, I was supposed to film two Mainland series, but I turned them down, as I am filming 'Reunion' now." (Did you lose a chance to make extra income?) He said, "I understand that I cannot just film Mainland series to make money. I need to be known in Hong Kong, too. I believe the decision that I made was worth it. That is why I will not calculate [the gain and loss]". Ron and Kate seem to have a lot of chemistry together, as the filming process is rather rushed. Every time they take their places, they are very serious about it. Therefore, the filming of getting into and out of the car scenes is filmed in its first take. The filming progress is going very smoothly. Kate expressed that she is very happy filming this series, as the cast is very harmonious together. (What is your new year wish?) Kate laughingly said, "I don't want to think about it too much. I will continue work hard, and grasp onto every opportunity".

Toby looked rather tired, so the reporter comforted her. Toby said, "Wow, the filming of this series continues from day to night with only a few hours of rest time. Luckily, the entire cast is very compatible. Besides filming, I am also taking care of my business, so I am very busy". Toby and her friend have opened up a wedding planning business together. Other than designing and planning weddings, their business also organizes functions. She said, "It is very similar to the functions that public relations companies organize. I can learn more with an extra work of the trade. I love to act, but helpless that not everyone is able to accept me. Thus, in one hand, I am working on my business, and on the other hand, I can do my most loved acting. I have many goals in my life, and I am very happy right now".

Caption 1: Toby and Chow Chung's eyes are watering non-stop due to smoke from burning paper money.

Caption 2: Due to lack of rest and probably kneeling too long, Toby felt dizzy. During a re-take scene, crew members grabbed a canister for Toby to sit on.

Caption 3: Ron and Kate have already worked together. Before they got into their places, they were going over the script, and they were very focused during the actual filming. Most of the scenes were filmed on its first take.

Personal Note: I'm happy that Ron is filming in HK, but I didn't really want him to film this though. I'm not liking the genre. It seems as though it has been filmed a billion times already.

Poor Toby! She looks so skinny! She is probably still recovering from "Growing Through Life". Filming that series really messed up her health.

Anyway, I will slowly be posting up the fifth promo clip for "OL Supreme" and the first promo clip for "In the Eye of the Beholder", as I am currently at work right now. I am secretly going online, so I have no audio for the clips. Please be patient with me. :D

*Credits to ffidd @ 狂愛TVB and mingpao

No comments:

Post a Comment