Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ron Ng Wins Gold Tiger

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

"Scoop" Clip





OL_00OL_02OL_01

Ron Ng, Denise Ho, Joel Chan, Sire Ma, Koni Lui, Chapman To, and other cast members of "OL Supreme" were in Mong Kok doing a promotional event for the series. Liza Wang is currently away on vacation, so a cardboard cut-out of her was used during the event. Ron said, "It's the new year, so it makes sense that Liza Jeh is on vacation. It does seem to be lacking without Liza Jeh present, but I believe Liza Jeh will be at the future promotional events".

A lucky draw took place during the event, and producer Wong Wai Sing drew Ron's name out of the box. Ron was the lucky winner of a gold tiger; however, the cast members joked and said that it was fixed. Chapman said, "This is what you call a biological son!" Ron responded, "There are a lot of biological sons in this series, but I'm just lucky! Last year, I won a gold ox! So, I definitely have luck! Just like last time, I will give it to my mom. I hope I can collect all twelve animals of the Chinese zodiac".

When Ron was asked about his nerdy character in the series, he said that he was worried that the audience wouldn't be able to accept his character's silly air. However, later, he discovered that the chemistry with Chapman and Denise was not bad. That is when he stopped worrying about it.

Denise Ho Afraid of Watching Her Own Performance

OL_04OL_03

Denise is anticipating the airing of the series, as she hopes that it will succeed the 30 points in ratings of "Off Pedder". (Will you watch your appearance in this series?) Denise laughed, "Actually, I have always been afraid to watch myself act. I think it is very horrifying! Especially when 'Ambition' aired on TV...I literally had to run up to the TV and cover it. (Is it because of the bed scenes?) No, it's something worse than that! There was a scene where I had to call Eason Chan 'baby'. I get scared every time I think about it, but I'm trying to get used to re-watching the movies I've acted in. (Is it because you are nominated for 'Best Supporting Actress' in "Look for a Star"?) It is an encouragement, even though I don't know if I have a chance of winning or not. But acting under the identity of a singer, I think it is a sign of approval for my identity as an actress. It is like opening up a new journey for me. I hope to film more in the future!"

Personal Note: Ron is so lucky! What a good way to start the new year! :D I love it when he wears red! He he.... ;)

He and Kate Tsui each won a gold ox at last year's CNY programme. :D

The news keep saying that this is Denise's first TV series, which is so not true! Her first series was "Ant-crime Squad". She played a teacher and was paired up with Benny Chan. I can see how the audience can forget, but the media should do its homework!

*Credits to 吳卓羲吧, tvb.com, hkheadlinedaily, the-sun, and takungpao

No comments:

Post a Comment