Saturday, July 26, 2014

Kenneth Ma and Selena Li: Difficult to Spark

CREDIT IF REPOSTED

010203

Kenneth Ma and Selena Li, this golden boy and jade girl, frequently collaborate, acting as a couple in many series, even recently reuniting in the TVB series "Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain". Although there are non-stop sparks, with many topics on and off screen, the two both emphasized that there was never any spark, and also said that they are not in a rush to date, even mutually exposing many secrets in the interview!

Love at First Sight

Kenneth and Selena, who collaborated again in "Ghost", have already been an onscreen couple five times, already officially collaborating in the TVB series "The Herbalist's Manual" in 2004. Both already had a good impression of each other when meeting for the first time. Selena even revealed that Kenneth 'fell in love' with her a few times!

Kenneth: "Initially, thought that she was a pretty girl...also petite and dainty. I like petite girls. I think that she is very suitable for filming ancient--not saying that her modern is not pretty".

Selena: "Back then, he did not sweet talk as much as now...very quiet. He is a guy who is very enthusiastic in his work. The first day I met him, already thought that he could really endure. Now, more cheerful, and knows how to joke around, so he would tease girls a bit and hug guys a bit".

Kenneth: "You also have a big difference now. Now, your acting has gotten much better...really put in effort to think about how to make the outcome of the series better. Sometimes, would help think for me...then, I do not have to think as much".

Selena: "My first ancient back then, he told me that he already really liked my role. Today's 'Ghost'...he also says that he fell in love with my role!"

Kenneth: "She has many roles that I like. I also really like the one in 'A Fistful of Stances'!"

Selena: "But cannot spark in real life; however, whether able to spark or not must also look at the timing. You can know someone for ten years and not be able to spark, but then suddenly be able to spark".

Kenneth: "Perhaps it is because the both of us are not in a rush to find a partner, so nothing happened".

Teasing for a Kiss

Kenneth, who is a first-line siu sang, is known to be a sweet-talker; however, Selena no longer finds 'requesting a kiss scene every day' out of the ordinary. Kenneth, on the other hand, pointed out that Selena does not do what she promises. The two criticized each other for 'talking nonsense'.

Selena: "He says to add kiss scenes for every series. I am also used to this. I don't think that it's a big deal".

Kenneth: "If able to add, then add!"

Selena: "He says to the director, 'Have to kiss in this scene'. I have heard this line a few hundred times...already have no reaction".

Kenneth: "I think that I became like this during 'Fistful' because, previously, Gallen Lo enlightened me. He said that a male lead has to make the filming atmosphere happy".

Selena: "So, that is why you sweet talk after becoming a first-line siu sang!"

Kenneth: "I do not only sweet talk to young, pretty girls. I also sweet talk to Gigi [Wong]".

Selena: "Not only senior-level people. He also sweet talks like this to costume, makeup, and hair!"

Kenneth: "You also said that you would introduce girls to me...all talk".

Selena: "Think of how it would be possible to spark with you. I just find him to tell him that a single girl really likes him, and tell him to meet the girl, but never came out in the end".

Kenneth: "She already has a boyfriend now, but you also have many friends. If there is an opportunity, introduce again! I also want to introduce guys to her, but most of the guys I know are already married or dating".

Compatible to Date

Kenneth and Selena, who are currently focused on their career, are determined to put their love life aside, but are still full of imagination for their future partner. Kenneth wants his girlfriend to do everything for him, while Selena does not mind helping her boyfriend plan for the future. Could this be hinting that the earlier 'five-year promise' is not totally false?

Kenneth: "I am really afraid of getting annoyed. The best would be for [my] girlfriend to handle everything".

Selena: "So, does [she] also have to help you think about what you have to wear?"

Kenneth: "Yes. Also has to think about what to eat. I just have to work hard at making money for her to spend, but Selena would definitely not be able to handle it".

Selena: "No. I have to organize. When I go on vacation, I also do all the research, so if the guy wants me to help him plan, I also do not mind".

Kenneth: "Well, I also plan, but if I have to think about going to different restaurants to eat every day, there would be difficulty. Thinking about it, I am really not much fun".

Giving the 'Hot Property' the Cold Shoulder

Kenneth, who is at the top of the 'Hot Property Ranking', has always been females' ideal partner, not only has a career but also filial to his parents, but has not gotten full marks in Selena's eyes, even frankly saying that it is difficult to spark with Kenneth!

Selena: "He is definitely a 'hot property'!"

Kenneth: "Well, TVB has many 'hot properties'. Anyone who is single is 'hot property'".

Selena: "But it is very difficult for me to spark with guys I meet at work. I am very focused on work. Don't have many opportunities to gain a deep understanding. Also difficult to meet up with Kenneth. However, as a partner, I would give him 90 points. He is too passive. I like to do intense things".

Kenneth: "I would give a full 100 points to Selena. She really has ancient beauty and is family-oriented!"

Selena: "Does this mean that you like ancient people and dinosaurs?"

Epilogue: One Hundred Percent Matching Feel

Although Kenneth and Selena cannot spark with each other, they are extremely compatible. Before the photographer said anything, already naturally got into place, and also helped fix each other's poses. When asked whether they would want to collaborate again, the two also fought to answer 'Want to'. Can never be too much to describe them as TVB's most matching onscreen couple.

Personal Note: Definitely one of TVB's most matching onscreen couples! Too bad this was not a video interview....

*Credits to orientaldaily

No comments:

Post a Comment