Monday, October 20, 2008

Gigi Lai Announces Leaving Entertainment Industry

TVB 珠光寶氣 黎姿宣布退出娛樂圈 (TVB Channel)

After her brother was severely injured in last year's car accident, Gigi had been off for a year to take care of his business. Her main reason for leaving the entertainment industry is because she needs to put her full attention toward running her brother's dermatology business and to take care of her family.

Gigi's Announcement:

"I am very happy to have be able to film 'The Gem of Life' because the series is a grand production, and everything is taken very seriously. The storyline is fantastic. To be able to film this series, I have no regrets. That is why this series will my final series in my entertainment career. Thank you TVB...TVB has brought me up in my career. Thank you to all the producers for using me in their series. Thanks to all the artistes who have worked with me. Also, thanks to all of the production crew because I am very grateful to each and everyone of them. And to my fans, thanks for all of the support. I am very thankful to them. I am very happy to have filmed this series. To me, this series has a very high sentimental value....Yes, it is very sentimental".

gigi01gigi02gigi03gigi05gigi06gigi07gigi08gigi09gigi10gigi11gem


Personal Note: I was quite shocked to hear Gigi announcing her departure on the premiere night of "The Gem of Life". After her brother's accident, Gigi does need a longer break, and it makes sense that she would leave the entertainment business to take full care of her brother. After being in the business for over 20 years, Gigi finally says 'goodbye'. Best of luck to her!

*Credits to tvb, ent.163, tungstar, and the-sun

No comments:

Post a Comment