Friday, August 6, 2010

"Can't Buy Me Love" Promotional Clip 2


Narrator: "This never happened in front of the emperor".

Servant: "Here comes the princess".

Fala Chen: "Afraid, right?"

Narrator: "All the princesses and their prince consorts arrive with class!"

Charmaine Sheh: "Unruly person!"

Moses Chan: "You call me an unruly person?! What?!"

Narrator: "High officials and people from high society all appear at once!"

Kenneth Ma: "I am the cream of the crop...."

Fala Chen: "Appointed by the empress...."

Kenneth Ma: "Appointed by the emperor...."

Fala Chen: "The golden servant...."

Kenneth Ma: "Ting Yau Wai!"

Fala Chen: "Szeto Ngan Ping!"

Narrator: "2010's extremely resplendent and funny grand production palace series!"

Lee Heung Kam: "Happy every day!"

Charmaine Sheh: "Your entire family is stupid and slow-witted like pigs!"

Narrator: "August 23rd @ 9:30pm. All of Hong Kong welcomes 'Can't Buy Me Love'!"

Personal Note: This clip was a lot better than the first one. This clip introduced Ma Ming and Fala's characters, so the next ones should be the other couples. :)

So, Ma Ming does have scenes with Linda. He he.... :P

9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for CBML - it looks really good. I think a comedy/ancient blend could be nice and the cast seems very strong. Hopefully, the script, direction and acting won't let us down.

    And Kenneth is paired up with Fala? That's nice, I believe this will be their first time paired up then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i sure hope this new serie is gonna give me a good laught. the custom and props are beautiful...but the storyline sound kinda reuse so i hope it's gonna be refreshing and the direction be better than in BTROC

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Advo:

    Yes, Ma Ming is paired up with Fala. Check out the links below to find out more. :)

    http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com/2010/04/ting-family-portrait-from-cant-buy-me.html

    http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com/2010/05/cant-buy-me-love-tvb-weekly-issue-671.html

    http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com/2010/04/kenneth-ma-pictures-from-mysteries-of.html

    To An Pham:

    I not a fan of ancient comedy when they add modern elements to it. So, hopefully we won't see much of that. Yet, it seems like Moses will be doing some "Yo".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally different from BTROC! So what's the order of the female cast?

    Charmaine, Fala, Linda, Selena?

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Anonymous:

    The order should be Charmaine, Linda, Fala, and then Selena.

    To Advo:

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why am I not surprised by Linda ranking before both Fala and Selena even though her acting is far inferior to both of them? I wish TVB would promote Selena more, I don't think I've ever seen her in a show where she wasn't fabulous and had excellent chemistry with all her co-stars. She is in particular gorgeous in ancient dramas - her performances in Face To Fate and BTROC (an otherwise absolutely mediocre drama) are two of my personal favourites of her acting.

    Btw, are Fala not pairing up with Kenneth again in Female Fist? If their chemistry is great, that will be another thing to look forward to in FF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Advo:

    I also wish TVB would give Selena more chances. I particularly like her cool roles, such as in "Face to Fate" and "Forensic Heroes II". Although she was only a guest star in FHII, she managed to stand out, even overshadowing Charmaine.

    They previously mentioned that Ma Ming likes Fala in "Female Fist", but she likes Bosco. However, Ma Ming and Fala seem to have some dating scenes in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ^I had forgotten about FHII but you're absolutely right. She was really great in those brief scenes, I think Selena would be just as good in modern shows as ancient now that I think about it. I really wanted TVB to pair Selena up with Frankie instead of the whole Frankie-Charmaine-Kevin triangle! I didn't think she overshadowed Charmaine whom I actually really like. But I found TVB's constant propping of Charmaine's character extremely unbearable! It happened again in BTROC where they kept propping both Charmaine's character AND Tavia's "evil acting".

    ReplyDelete