Date: June 19, 2017
Temporary Chinese title: 《逆緣》
Pinyin title: Yik Yuen
Temporary English title: "Reversal of Fate"
Producer: Amy Wong
Attending Cast: Wayne Lai, John Chiang, Lin Xia Wei, Carlos Chan, Elvina Kong, Joel Chan, Kandy Wong, Helen Ma, Koo Koon Chung, Maggie Yu, Parkman Wong, Meini Cheung, Au Hoi Ling, Keith Mok, Russell Cheung, Momo Wu, Aaryn Cheung, Rocky Cheng, Kwan Wai Lun, Ice Chow, Chan Wing Chun, and Helen Ng.
Place: Tseung Kwan O Industrial Estate 77 Chun Choi Street TVB City Studio One Common Room
East Week Clip
More Forms Clip
More Forms Clip
- 35 episodes long.
- The theme of the series talks about multi-generational relationships. There is family warmth and the topic of values.
- The theme is similar to "Iceman Cometh". The genre is fantasy. People of different generations have different morals, ethics, and values. A person from the 1940s, who was frozen and is not thawed out until 2018, has to adapt to the modern living environment, creating a lot of jokes and having a lighthearted side.
- Carlos Chan will play Ho Ting Kwok (賀定國). He was a guerrilla leader in 1945 who was experimentally frozen during the war of resistance against Japan; after getting thawed out in the modern times, he reunites with his son, John Chiang, and his grandson, Wayne Lai.
- Wayne will play Ho Wing Nin (賀永年), a small citizen who is fighting for survival. He is a negative person who is facing a lot of societal pressure (work, economic, family, etc.), so he learns about feng shui. He and Elvina are husband and wife; they have a ten-year-old son. He and Patricia Ha have a rather ambiguous and mysterious relationship.
- John will play Ho Wo Ping (賀和平), a humourous elder who always pretends to be young and smart to deceive housewives. Sometimes he deceives the government and his son to ask him for money.
- Patricia will play Yung Chi Kiu (翁芷蕎), a star who has retired for many years and has left Hong Kong. She later goes into business. Later, she returns and has become a mysterious wealthy person. Her personality is rather bold, and her ideas are different from the average person. She is elegant, mysterious, and beautiful. When she was younger, she was a star who captivated everyone; however, her luck as a star was mediocre, and her career in the performing arts was unsuccessful. She has a cool and elegant appearance, but she is gentle on the inside. She has always longed for genuine love but has suffered setbacks in her love life. In addition, the matter of becoming an unwed mother of a daughter made her a selfish and possessive person. Experiencing ups and downs in life made her believe in fortune-telling. By chance, she meets Brunei royalty who falls in love with her and teaches her about investments, making her become a wealthy woman. After this, she becomes calculative about everything. When she returns to Hong Kong, for fame and fortune, her friends turn their backs on her. When she is basically left with nothing, her hidden maternal instincts make her cherish the familial love with her daughter even more. She and her elder sister, Chi Lan (芷蘭), rely on each other, having toiled all day to make a living when they were younger. When she was 18 years old, she successfully entered the entertainment industry as an actor, but she could not become popular, and everything was not turning out the way that she had wanted. In addition, her elder sister could not be depended on, rather having to constantly be taken care of by her, so her life back then became more and more stressful. There seems to be a romantic relationship with Wayne, as well as a romantic storyline with Lai Lok Yi. Wayne helps her resolve many of her problems, and she becomes emotionally reliant on him.
- Lin Xia Wei will play Aki Chong Si San (庄司·晨), a social worker. She is of Chinese and Japanese parentage. She and Carlos are a pair. Patricia is her aunt.
- Elvina will play a positive person. She is a Shanghainese girl. She is Wayne's wife. Her mother is Helen Ma.
- Lai Lok Yi will play Patricia's husband, and he also has a romantic storyline with Lin Xia Wei. Ever since he was young, he has been a fan of Patricia's movies.
- Joel Chan will play Ben Ka Cheuk Ban (賈綽斌), a CID. He is a warm guy. He is the grandson of Carlos' friend.
- Kandy Wong will play Macy Choi Ming Si (蔡明詩), an enthusiastic social worker. She has a romantic storyline with Joel. She and Lin Xia Wei are besties.
- Helen Ma will play a Shanghainese woman.
- Koo Koon Chung will play Helen Ma's husband.
- Maggie Yu will play John's wife.
- Mary Hon will play Lin Xia Wei's mother. Her husband is Japanese. At home, she has to be a Japanese person's wife, but she really likes to go out and have fun. She feels that the heavens are really unfair, as her younger sister, Patricia, is much prettier and is a wealthy woman.
- Evonne Ho will play Stefan Wong's wife. She really dotes on her younger brother, Lai Lok Yi, so once he starts dating, she gets really tense and slightly does not like Patricia.
- Stefan belongs to a wealthy family.
- Lisa Lau will play Lai Lok Yi's younger sister. She and Evonne are both slightly prejudiced against Patricia.
- Roxanne Tong will play Carlos' wife; they have a baby. She will appear as flashbacks, as Carlos will have flashback scenes in the modern times; they have a poignant love story.
- Russell Cheung will play Liu Sui Hei (廖水喜), a feng shui master.
- Momo Wu will play Chan Suet Ngor (陳雪娥).
- Keith Mok will play Tai Man Ho (戴文豪), a student at a palm reading school. He is superstitious and interested in feng shui data. He is a great talker, is arrogant, and tells gags, but he is actually kindhearted and willing to help people.
- Candy Man will play Koo Koon Chung's mistress.
- Derek Wong will play Philip Chan, Patricia's legal representative.
- Savio Tsang will play a Commissioner of Police.
Costume Fitting 2 @ J2 Clip (070517)
Costume Fitting 2 @ TVBE Clip (070517)
Costume Fitting 2 @ TVB8 Clip
Blessing Ceremony @ J2 Clip (071417)
Visit @ J2 Clip (081117)
Visit @ TVBE Clip (081117)
Visit @ TVBE Clip (101117)
FYI: The official English title of this series is "Daddy Cool".
Related post: June Series 《逆緣》 "Reversal of Fate" Info
Personal Note: Thought that Carlos would be playing a supporting role....
Lin Xia Wei no longer playing Patricia's daughter, or is there some kind of birth secret storyline?
*Credits to 娛樂 007, 香港無線TVB8, on.cc, eastweek, bastillepost, moreforms, gztv, stheadline, and alaxelcheung