Myolie Wu, Kenneth Ma, and Fala Chen promoted "Triumph in the Skies II" at the '2012 China International Film Festival & TV Programs Exhibition'.
happysusan: "A very interesting story: Not long ago, a very, very mischievous little friend introduced her new series' look as being short hair. The long hair that everyone sees now is fake. The handsome guy beside her had a surprised and suspecting look. Then the little friend laughed, hitting him while saying, 'It's real! Was joking before!'"
Personal Note: Ha ha.... Ma Ming actually believed Fala for a moment...so cute! :D
*Credits to 蘇珊Susan, 馬麗莎甜, youku, sina, iqiyi, and imgo.tv
Yesterday, 'Onscreen Couple' Bobby Au Yeung and Esther Kwan were in Yuen Long filming the new series "Love Reverses Three Lifetimes of Fate". Although the two had to work on Christmas Eve, they were fortunate enough to celebrate with their family in the evening. Collaborating again after separating for a while, the two were still in tune with each other, teasing each other off camera.
Bobby laughed at Esther for reaching a new level in acting, and also revealed that Nick Cheung would often visit the set and is getting more and more muscular: "Mr. Cheung told me to make his wife happier. Once he knew about having to film overnight, he would silently come and visit the set, even bringing along some abs! His arm is double my size". Esther laughingly said, "His stomach is not bigger than yours!" Regarding her husband's devoted care, she feels warm inside. Although her husband frequently gets injured from filming, Esther said that she would not order him to decrease dangerous performances...would just tell him to take care of himself: "He is actually careful; however, sometimes the storyline requires it. No one wants accidents to happen!" Ben Wong, who was also on set, had a horse-riding scene. He expressed that he got injured from falling off the back of a horse before...a haunting traumatic experience.
Chan Sap Sam, the scriptwriter of the first and second installments of "My Date with a Vampire" (also Joey Meng's husband), posted some interesting tidbits about the two series on his Weibo earlier.
- When filming the last shot of Yamamoto Ichifu turning into a skeleton in the scene where he was killed by Yamamoto Mirai on the balcony in "My Date with a Vampire", it was discovered that the prop skull was nowhere to be found. With the loss of time searching for the prop, the director came up with a solution and quickly finished filming the shot. The director used the femur in place of the skull, and said, "The skull of the vampire is obviously different from the human!"
- The Ma family's 'No Tear Curse' was originally the 'Kiss Curse'. The female Ma member would lose her supernatural powers if she were kissed; however, in order to make the storyline more romantic and more exceptional, it was changed so that they could not cry.
- The name Wong Chun Chun was derived from a Thailand restaurant. The name was picked for its ordinariness and its earthiness. Also, it was fairly easy for people to remember.
- The idea of Ma Siu Ling's quote, "Don't talk to me about interest. Just talk to me about money!", came from the Japanese TV series "Homeless Girl". The female lead's quote was "Don't pity me. Just give me money!"
- The eye colour of vampires to distinguish the different levels of the vampire was actually forced upon. Before the filming began, it was decided that the eye colour of the vampires were to be red; however, coloured eye contacts were not in trend during that time in Hong Kong, and the sponsor had limited stock. It was only by using other colours that they had enough coloured eye contacts, so Chan Sap Sam came up with using different eye colours to distinguish the different levels of the vampires.
- When "Vampire I" went to Japan to do location filming, due to inadequate resources, the producer, director, assistant director, stunt choreographer, makeup artist, etc. had to play chauffeur, police officer, tourist, corpse, etc. In order to save a thousand plus dollars on the production fee, Chan Sap Sam also made a cameo, dubbing for one line of dialogue, which can only be heard in the Cantonese version.
- The origin of Wong Chun Chun's line, "Don't love me. Don't bite me!", is slightly R-rated. It came from Chan Sap Sam's male friend's real life experience. His friend met a new girlfriend, and in the heat of the night, the girl said something similar to this line in his ear...nothing happened that night. His friend and the new girlfriend broke up peacefully shortly after that. Love's promise is never easy, even for never-aging and never-dying vampires.
- In "Vampire II", Saeki Hinako was invited to play Fujihara Sadako. During the watching of playbacks, it was discovered that there were some problems with a majority of the scenes and that they needed to be re-filmed, but the production costs have already reached their limit, so they could not pay any additional fees. When Saeki Hinako knew about this, she flew to Hong Kong to re-film the problematic scenes at no extra cost.
Personal Note: Have always been a fan of ATV's early '90s series, such as "Who Is the Winner?", "Mythical Crane and Magical Needle", "Gun and Glory", "Heroic Legends of the Yang's Family", "Vampire Expert", "I Have a Date with Spring", etc. However, "My Date with a Vampire" is my absolute all-time favourite!
"Vampire" was the first of its kind in Hong Kong television, and ATV was the first to do it! ;)
Artiste Jason Chan attended a Christmas event. He revealed that he is currently busy filming a new series with Wayne Lai and Moses Chan. When asked which female artistes he wanted to collaborate with the most, he said, "Want to try collaborating with Myolie Wu and Tavia Yeung...both are TV queens! (Would you mind filming kiss scenes?) If the storyline requires it, would also not mind. Acting is not real anyway!"
Artiste Kenneth Ma went to Tin Shui Wai to attend a mall event. When discussing his rumour with Rebecca Zhu, he said, "Definitely a misunderstanding. At that time, there was another person there. (Rebecca said that she just had a breakup during the beginning of filming 'Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles'?) Really? Don't know. At first, she was rather quiet. Ron Ng and I kept chatting with her. She improved more as filming went on". Kenneth revealed that he has more jobs during Christmas and New Year's time. He said, "Right now, making money is the priority. Want flat prices to fall back and then buy a flat. Lost a six-figure sum when buying stocks in the past. Still feel that buying a flat has enduring value".
Temporary Chinese title: 《單戀雙城》
Pinyin title: Daan Luen Seung Sing
Temporary English title: "Unrequited Love in Two Cities"
Producer: Fong Chun Chiu
Attending Cast: Ruco Chan, Aimee Chan, Lin Xia Wei, Tony Hung, Samantha Ko, Mat Yeung, Elaine Yiu, Vivien Yeo, Toby Chan, Wai Ka Hung, Elliot Yue, Pako Au, Helen Ma, Ching Ho Wai, Rachel Kan, Benz Hui, Fanny Ip, Mary Hong, Tina Shek, Tony Yee, Dennis Cheung, Hero Yuen, Jenny Wong, Vincent Cheung, Max Choi, Sandy Wu, Kaka Chan, Siu Hoi Yan, and Janice Shum.
Place: Tseung Kwan O TVB City Studio One
- 20-episode romance series.
- In April, there will be location filming in Malaysia (mostly in Penang but also in Kuala Lumpur).
- Ruco Chan will play Luk Kung Chi (陸恭梓). He seems unrestrained on the surface, but actually has experience at heart. On the surface, he is a tour guide in Malaysia who is frivolous and a sweet-talker, but he is actually a Hong Kong music producer. Because of his breakup with Elaine Yiu, he goes to Malaysia. Later, he meets Aimee Chan, but their relationship is not able to develop accordingly because of a knot in the heart. He will have a romantic storyline with Aimee, Lin Xia Wei, and Elaine.
- Aimee will play Law Sik Sik (羅式適), a travel agency director. She has a cheerful and forthright personality. She is not a strong woman, but she has a great sense of justice. She was originally Mat Yeung's fiancée; after breaking up with him, setbacks in romance cause her to go to Malaysia. Because of previous travel agency services, she met Ruco; after encountering setbacks in romance, they meet again. She and Ruco become an arguing pair and develop feelings. She and Tony Hung have a sisterly friendship.
- Lin Xia Wei will play Ching Chin Chan (程展禛), a trainee pastry chef. She is a silly girl who comes to like people easily. Because Ruco cared for her before, she fell in love with him. Later, she quickly comes to like Tony Hung. She likes to make pastries, and becomes Tony's pupil. Later, she learns about Tony's crush on Aimee, so she films a clip, threatening him to fulfill three of her wishes.
- Tony will play Chin Chun (錢進), a chef. He is very charming in the kitchen, but is very shy in real life, and is frequently picked on by Samantha and Aimee. He has always had a crush on Aimee. He and Aimee grew up together. Although he has a simple and honest personality, he is well-liked by females, and females often get close to him. He is Lin Xia Wei's master. He is strict and uses military methods to train Lin Xia Wei. He and Lin Xia Wei will have love sparks.
- Samantha will play Wong Kei Ying (黃淇英), Elaine's good friend. She has a bold and unconstrained personality. She and Mat have a secret relationship; their intimate clip was exposed at Mat and Elaine's wedding, causing the two to break up.
- Mat will play Ching Chin Pok (程展博), Lin Xia Wei's elder brother. He is Aimee's fiancé; in front of her, he is a very gentlemanly and is very considerate, but he is actually a player who toys with feelings, having a relationship with Samantha behind his fiancée's back.
- Elaine will play Hong Yi Kiu (康以蕎), a singer-songwriter. She and Ruco dated before. When her career is slipping, she reconciles with her composer ex-boyfriend, using his influence and talent to push her career by getting him to write songs for her.
- Vivien Yeo will play Yvonne, a Penang hotel heiress.
- Amy Fan will play Aimee's sister.
- Wai Ka Hung will play Aimee's brother-in-law.
- Elliot Yue will play Aimee's father.
- Helen Ma will play Tony's mother.
- Snow Suen will play Betty, a Malaysian hotel attendant.
Blessing Ceremony @ J2 Clip (012513)
Visit @ TVB8 Clip (012913)
FYI: The official English title of this series is "Outbound Love".
TVB's two new prime time series, "Missing You" and "Friendly Fire", premiered last night. "Missing" averaged 28 points, and peaked at 31 points (approximately 1,800,000 viewers). "Friendly" premiered with an average of 29 points, and peaked at 31 points (approximately 1,860,000 viewers). The Communications Authority received one complaint for each series, saying that "Missing" had too much product placement, while the plot of "Friendly" was boring. However, Toby Chan's sexy, cleavage-baring scene in which she was enticing Michael Tse was praised by many netizens.
Complaints About Being Unsatisfied with Raymond Lam Losing TV King
Yesterday, TVB received an additional 11 complaints about being unsatisfied with the results of TVB's anniversary awards, including five complaints about being unsatisfied with Raymond Lam not being able to win TV king.
Personal Note: The complaints for the series seem as though they're switched around..."Friendly Fire" definitely had more noticeable product placement.... :P
The ratings aren't really high, but should be considered quite good for this time slot.
After becoming TV queen last night, Tavia Yeung has not attended any celebrations; it was only until today that she attended a new series promotion. Partner Michael Tse gave celebratory flowers. While playing games, Michael gave a ticket signed with 'Mr. Law', putting Tavia and Him Law's romance on the table. She expressed wanting to celebrate by going on a trip with her mother the most after winning an award. When asked whether Him would be included, she laughingly said, "Will have dinner with him. (Public love declaration?) Two different matters. (Didn't publicly thank him?) Many people waiting for me to thank them. He knows". As for it being said that she would be signing an additional five-year contract with TVB, she expressed that her contract with TVB has not ended yet: "If adding, must add salary first!"
Tavia Yeung @ 《1圈圈》
*Credits to tavia.org, the-sun, MLTvideoable, chaucerz, and ohtaviaforum
Tavia Yeung ("Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles")
Best Supporting Actor
Ku Ming Wah ("Divas in Distress")
Best Supporting Actress
Nancy Wu ("Gloves Come Off")
My Favourite TV Male Character
Kenneth Ma ("The Hippocratic Crush")
My Favourite TV Female Character
Kate Tsui ("Highs and Lows")
Most Improved Male Artiste
Oscar Leung ("L'Escargot", "Queens of Diamonds and Hearts", "House of Harmony and Vengeance", "Tiger Cubs", "The Confidant", "Big Boys' Club")
Most Improved Female Artiste
Mandy Wong ("L'Escargot", "The Hippocratic Crush", "Tiger Cubs", "Divas in Distress")
Lai Chi San ("Telling Maria")
Best Variety Programme
"Map of Happiness"
Best Enrichment Programme
"Pilgrimage of Hope"
Outstanding Actor Award
Chin Ka Lok, Benz Hui, Sunny Chan, Lee Sing Cheung & Carol Cheng
Lifetime Achievement Award
Red Carpet @ TVBE
萬千星輝頒獎典禮最強列陣 @ "Scoop"
萬千星輝頒獎典禮王者駕到 @ "Scoop"
Zuo You Shi Shang Clip
Zuo You Shi Shang Clip
Zuo You Shi Shang Clip
Yu Le Xin Tian Di Clip
Apple Daily Clip
Apple Daily Clip
Apple Daily Clip
Apple Daily Clip
Apple Daily Clip
Apple Daily Clip
Ming Pao Clip
Ming Pao Clip
Sudden Weekly Clip
Best Series: "When Heaven Burns"
Best Actor: Wayne Lai
Best Actress: Tavia Yeung
Best Supporting Actress: Nancy Wu
My Favourite TV Male Character: Kenneth Ma
My Favourite TV Female Character: Kate Tsui
Outstanding Actor Award: Chin Ka Lok, Benz Hui, Sunny Chan, Lee Sing Cheung & Carol Cheng
There was a total of 1,542,922 votes. Wayne Lai received 114,947 votes. Tavia Yeung received 110,795 votes. "When Heaven Burns" received 84,472 votes.
This year's awards presentation averaged 36 points, and peaked at 41 points (when 'Best Series' was presented).
The Communications Authority received 110 complaints, saying that the results were unfair, being unsatisfied with the voting results not being made public, and that more time should have been given to guests and award recipients to speak. TVB received 63 complaints, including 24 being unsatisfied with 'TV King', 10 being unsatisfied with 'TV Queen', nine being unsatisfied with 'Best Series', etc., and three complaints about the time not being managed well.
Personal Note: Congratulations to all the winners! Happy and satisfied with the results!
Extremely happy for Tavia and Ma Ming! Tavia's speech was quite touching, especially when she mentioned that Garly has been with her for over ten years (have also been supporting her for over ten years). Although Ma Ming's speech was cut short, it reminded me of when he won 'Most Improved' in 2006...the same old Ma Ming! :P
Didn't expect Wayne to win TV king for the third time...never underestimate the power of 'hidden' fans! ;) Ma Ming's shocked expression was priceless...very genuine! :D
The recipients of 'Outstanding Actor' were unexpected, but all deserving! Indeed a fruitful year for Chin Ka Lok! :)
*Credits to the-sun, tavia.org, zuoyoushishang, youku, sina, sohu, yulexintiandi, lntv, gztv, appledaily, mingpao, wowtv, suddenweekly, ihktv, www.katetsui.org, nancywu.org, and Weibo
FYI: The special averaged 27 points. The final two episodes averaged 35 points, and peaked at 37 points. With the entire series averaging 31 points (1,974,000 viewers), "The Confidant" has become the second highest rated series of the year, trailing behind "Witness Insecurity" (2,103,000 viewers).
*Credits to ihktv, Albrechtsen, mingpao, nancywu.org, and ACN
Artiste Kenneth Ma was in Tsuen Wan rallying for votes for TV king. He said, "This event is my last chance to rally for votes. (Netizens said they will support you?) Heard about it...something like 'Golden God Snipes Raymond Lam'. The company wants to have noise from this voting...now, it has been achieved!" Although Raymond's massive fans were on site, Kenneth said, "I'm facing it with a normal heart. The voting results are difficult to predict. (The company thinks highly of you to give you an opportunity to rally for votes?) Many colleagues have work...not favouritism!"
Yesterday, Eliza Sam attended a handbag event in Causeway Bay. When asked whether she was confident in winning an award, she said, "Didn't think about it. Already happy being nominated...really don't have much pressure. I didn't even vote for myself. Already happy to have tried my best. Only looking forward to wearing nice clothes and dressing up to watch the show". Also revealed that she already gave her 'Holy Vote' to her competitor, Mandy Wong: "Have already voted for Mandy for 'Improved Female' because I really liked her role as 'Kwan Yi So'! As for 'Supporting Actor', have already voted for Ku Ming Wah!" When asked whom were her choices for TV king and queen, she kept others guessing and said, "Don't want to say because it's really difficult to choose!"
Personal Note: Good to know that Eliza had voted for her "brother" Ku Ming Wah! :P
Noticed that Eliza was wearing coloured contact lenses at this event.
Personal Note: Such a long, in-depth interview with Candy Chea!
The second time hearing Ma Ming talk about how touched he was when he first heard the story of "The Hippocratic Crush" (the first time was during his rallying segment in "Anniversary Award Canvass 2012").
He he.... Did not expect Lawrence Ng and Ada Choi's version of 《每一分每一秒都給你》 to be played during this interview! :P
'Homebody Guy Goddess' Eliza Sam walked the red carpet of the 55th Asia Pacific Film Festival in a shoulder-revealing red dress. The dress was actually designed by her, and it is only worth $250, but it did not look lacking: "Did not account for the sewing machine, needles, and thread. I used to study fashion design, so know how to go to Sham Shui Po to buy fabric! (Make dresses for other artistes?) Have thought about it, but have only made two or three".
Personal Note: Around $30 CDN...not bad for a DIY dress! ;)
Kenneth Ma was a guest presenter for a beautification event. When asked whether TVB's online public voting for TV king this year would cause unfairness toward senior-level actors, he said, "Don't think so. Although younger fans would be more passionate, holding signs and chasing cars, Moses Chan and Wayne Lai actually have many hidden fans. All mother levels tell all of their children to help them vote!"
When Michael Tse attended a promotion for the new series "Friendly Fire" in Tseung Kwan O, he expressed that he has already voted online for 'Best Actor' and 'Best Actress' for TVB's anniversary awards recently. He said that, when he was working with Kate Tsui on a CNY movie last night, he was constantly blasted by her, sohe was 'forced to vote' for Kate in the end. Michael said that, for the sake of fairness, he told his wife to vote for Tavia Yeung, and also said that he thinks highly of the both of them.
Michael also said that he thinks that Raymond Lam will win TV king because he would benefit from having many fans. On the other hand, Alice Chan voted for Wayne Lai and Tavia. When asked why she she did not vote for Raymond, Alice laughingly said, "He is not my type. Prefer Wayne's acting".
Four TV king and queen nominees, Kate Tsui, Tavia Yeung, Aimee Chan, and Kenneth Ma, appeared at a shopping mall for a vote rallying event. Kate not only got two executives, Norman Leung and Virginia Lok, to promise to vote to support, but she also said that she would rally for votes from boss Charles Chan. Tavia Yeung said, "Short two votes...would also not lose out. (How about rumoured boyfriend Him Law's chances?) Truthfully, chances are slim. I also did not vote for him. I voted for Ku Ming Wah".
TVB's anniversary awards will be held soon. This year's TV king is seen to be a fight among Raymond Lam, Kenneth Ma, and Wayne Lai. This year, Kenneth has been sponsored 2.5 million in jewellery to attend the ceremony. Yesterday, on his way to downtown Causeway Bay, he was immediately requested by fans to take pictures with them. Kenneth cordially took self-taken pictures with the fans. Staying for five minutes, already attracted almost a hundred fans, including students, housewives, those going to work, etc., surrounding him...could see that the range of Kenneth's fans is very broad! Some fans even told him: "I really like your series, 'The Hippocratic Crush'...at that time, watched it every day, and also voted to support you to be TV king!" During this, because more and more people gathered around, some fans were almost hit by cars. Kenneth saw that it was gradually getting chaotic, so he immediately went into an alley to avoid the crowd.
Many Hidden Fans: Have the Strength to Compete
Although it has been said that Raymond has many fans, Kenneth frankly said that he also has many fans: "Raymond may have many music fans and movie fans. I also have many hidden mans...would not lose out! This year's competition rules are one vote per person. Viewers are also voting at home, so the results are very difficult to say!" Kenneth laughingly said that he wants to win awards, but afraid of being embarrassed, so haven't dared to openly rally for votes: "I'm facing the results with a normal heart, but don't say that I don't want the award. Actually, I really want awards. As an artiste who isn't stabilized yet, also want an award to give affirmation to myself".
Kenneth, who recently won TV king at Malaysia's "Astro on Demand Awards 2012", even frankly said, "To be able to win TV king for 'Hippocratic' at Astro has already helped me rally votes!" Afterward, Kenneth went to try on jewellery. Regarding a group of netizens supporting him to be TV king, he immediately expressed, "Very thankful to them, so I specially came to choose jewellery because, even if losing, cannot lose momentum on awards day. Hope that I look more lively then!" He even said that if he were to successfully win an award, he also wants to repay his mother by giving her jewellery.
Personal Note: Ha ha.... Ma Ming was just passing by, and he got surrounded by many people! :D
Did not expect Ma Ming to try on a stud! :P
*Credits to kennethma.org, orientaldaily, the-sun, sohu, and cutv
Temporary Chinese title: 《傳愛事務所》
Pinyin title: Chuen Oi Si Mo Soh
Temporary English title: "Firm That Passes on Love"
Producers: Tsui Ching Hong
Attending Cast: Wayne Lai, Moses Chan, Fala Chen, Christine Ng, Jason Chan, Sire Ma, Elliot Yue, Chung King Fai, Vincent Wong, Mary Hon, Susan Tse, Power Chan, Samantha Ko, Bowie Wu, Mandy Lam, Hebe Chan, Lam King Kong, Lydia Law, To Yin Gor, Helen Ma, Eddie Li, Yu Yeung, Max Cheung, and Patrick Tang.
Place: Tseung Kwan O TVB City Studio 12
- 30-episode grand production.
- Wayne Lai will play Yu Ying Wai (余英偉), a barrister who specializes in inheritance cases.
- Moses Chan will play a barrister.
- Fala Chen will play Sam Yuet Kan (沈悅勤), a pupil barrister. She is smart and has a tough personality. She knows how to box. She is a tomboy.
- Christine Ng will play Luk Si Ying (陸思凝), a judge who tries civil cases. She is Wayne's ex-wife. She will have a romantic storyline with Moses and Wayne.
- Jason Chan will play a lawyer. He is Wayne's pupil.
- Sire Ma will play NaNa Lo Siu Lo (盧小璐), an unpopular young model who has a rebellious personality. She and Jason will play a pair.
- Elliot Yue will play a lawyer.
- Vincent Wong will play Sung Ka Yiu (宋家耀), Susan Tse's son.
- Samantha Ko will play Yip Nga Lai (葉雅麗). She and Bowie Wu will play a married couple.
- Helen Ma will play an entertainment company manager.
Visit @ "Scoop" Clip (042413)
Visit @ "Scoop" Clip (102113)
FYI: The Chinese title of this series has been changed to 《法外風雲》 (literally translated as "The Storm Beyond the Law"). The official English title is "Will Power".
Personal Note: Actually wanted this series to be a serious genre; however, Tsui Ching Hong does excel in comedies....
Saw some pictures of Fala with her wig earlier...it doesn't look too bad, but could still tell that it was a wig. Although she cut some of her hair, she couldn't cut it really short due to commercial contract obligations.
Yesterday, Kenneth Ma was at the Peak acting as a marriage witness for 12 new married couples. Kenneth's parents and elder sister and brother-in-law also got married on December 12th, When asked whether he would also choose this date to get married in the future, he expressed, "Doesn't matter. Pairs (一雙一對) are a good omen". When asked when he would be getting married, Kenneth said, "Make some more money first. Must have a target first. Although I am turning 39 years old soon (not young), cannot rush it".
Regarding Raymond Lam leading in a voting for TV king organized by a certain report, Kenneth expressed, "I don't feel that I lose out". As for it being reported that Golden netizens have been helping him push for votes, Kenneth just simply thanked them, and said that he is very satisfied with his results this year.